Founded in 2010, MTBGuisborough Cycling Club is a registered Community Amateur Sports Club affiliated to British Cycling.
Although originally founded by the same guys who created the MTBGuisborough ning website (the site you are now on - now known as 'MTBGuisborough Social Hub'), the club is completely independent.
The club now has 150+ members and 15+ qualified MTB Leaders and Coaches delivering regular activities to both junior and adult riders.
The aims of the club are to:
- Encourage participation in mountain biking in the local area.
- Develop and maintain MTB trails in Guisborough Forest in cooperation with SingletrAction and the Forestry Commission
- Engage with the Forestry Commission, local landowners and other forest users to represent the views of the local MTB community.
- Develop a race team to represent the area and encourage the participation of local riders in the competitive aspect of the sport.
- Encourage young people to participate in the sport through a regular programme of junior activities and coaching
- Offer advice and coaching sessions to develop the skills of local riders.
- Organise social rides and events for the local MTB community.
To find out more visit the official club site here: http://www.mtbguisborough.com/join-the-club.html